Archive thunderbird e-mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Is there a way to archive or back-up e-mails? I'm using Thuunderbird.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure what you mean by archive, but you can always create a new folder in Thunderbird and call it saved mail, archive, or anything else you like. Then just move or drag those email messages you want to save there.

You can even create sub folders and store by category if you wish. This is in version 3.1.7 which is I believe, the latest.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Not sure what you mean by archive, but you can always create a new folder in Thunderbird and call it saved mail, archive, or anything else you like. Then just move or drag those email messages you want to save there.

You can even create sub folders and store by category if you wish. This is in version 3.1.7 which is I believe, the latest.
I needed to be more specific. What I want to do is archive (save) my e-mails so that I can transfer them from my iMAC to my Macbook.

Or save them on an external backup drive to restore them if my computer hard drive fails and needs to be replaced.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Take a look at this and see if it meets your needs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.