Macbook pro from US, applecare in europe

Reaction score
Hello all mac experts,

Long time windows user and now decided switch to Mac. I have a question but could not find a concrete answers from google. I am from Denmark, got a trip to New York in 15 of Feb and planning to buy a Macbook pro over there. As far as I heard that apple has world wide warranty services but I don't know if it is eligible for using applecare back in Denmark ?

Or do I have to buy apple care in Europe in order to use it here ?

Any suggest would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ragnar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forum ...

No Applecare is used worldwide. A New York MBP If broke in Australia would be able to use the Europe Applecare ....... No Problems Ill try and find the documentation for you

It is only valid for portables though. It wouldnt work in the same situation as above ^^ with lets say a iMac

Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does not belong in "Anything Goes". Moved to "Switcher".

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you for your fast answer, sound really nice. By the way, I am going to get the standard configuration with default 4gb Ram and I will plug 8gb ram later. My question is: Is it worth to add extra 200$ for the core i7 2.8Ghz ?

I'm going to run boot camp Win7 and mainly use VMware. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ragnar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
My question is: Is it worth to add extra 200$ for the core i7 2.8Ghz ?

If you can afford to do so . . . . Yes

In saying that, the lowest specced iMac is a beefy fast machine and will tackle most things chucked at it. . . . .

Reaction score
Might be better to buy Apple Care in your country as it will better outline what it covers. When I lived in Germany we basically had to ship our computers back to the USA rather than use Germany due to coverage (U.S. military).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When I lived in Germany we basically had to ship our computers back to the USA rather than use Germany due to coverage (U.S. military).

I thought AAFES took care of that when military folks are out of the US? Don't they ship it back for you? Just wondering.

Reaction score
I thought AAFES took care of that when military folks are out of the US? Don't they ship it back for you? Just wondering.

This was two years ago, it might be better now. However, they still have to ship it to the USA I believe. By this I mean that even though Apple Care is worldwide, the laws vary from country to country on warranty thus it might be better to get the warranty in the country where you live.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.