• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple+Bose Beats or Sony?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
6.20 Ghz Mac Pro 32 GB RAM Mac OS X 10.5.6,MacBook 2.4 Ghz 2(soon to be 4) GB RAM Cinema display27in
Apple might partner up with Bose Beats or Sony because they have gotten reviews on their systems and most people were judging the "crappy, Grainy audio that the Mac's were making

Now im on Apple's side and they responded "that the reviewers were using them at full power and listening to audio on 96 kbps and that's why it sounded so bad"

And shortly after December 23 2010 Apple decided to partner up with a reputable Home Audio company now I think their gonna pick Sony for more advantage and maybe invest into Sony and we'll possibly see like a better cinema display or better speakers on the iMac or Sony card readers built into the MacBook Pro

Now who do u want apple to pick???:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
And shortly after December 23 2010 Apple decided to partner up with a reputable Home Audio company now

Monster is a reputable company? That's news to me.
And they don't need better speakers, they need better audio cards.
source -> card -> headphones. My UE TF 10's and ATH-M50's sound ok my my Mac but really shine on my s:flo2 since it's an audiophile DAP.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
6.20 Ghz Mac Pro 32 GB RAM Mac OS X 10.5.6,MacBook 2.4 Ghz 2(soon to be 4) GB RAM Cinema display27in
Thanks

Monster is a reputable company? That's news to me.
And they don't need better speakers, they need better audio cards.
source -> card -> headphones. My UE TF 10's and ATH-M50's sound ok my my Mac but really shine on my s:flo2 since it's an audiophile DAP.

You helped me out cause the magizine said that they picked 2 other ones but yes i agree with you they need better audio card because i've got 4 Pioneer turntables hooker up with firewire 800 to my Mac Pro and I play 320 kbit/s songs and the audio laggs out if I dont play lower Bitrate songs.;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Apple might partner up with Bose Beats or Sony because they have gotten reviews on their systems and most people were judging the "crappy, Grainy audio that the Mac's were making

Now im on Apple's side and they responded "that the reviewers were using them at full power and listening to audio on 96 kbps and that's why it sounded so bad"

And shortly after December 23 2010 Apple decided to partner up with a reputable Home Audio company now I think their gonna pick Sony for more advantage and maybe invest into Sony and we'll possibly see like a better cinema display or better speakers on the iMac or Sony card readers built into the MacBook Pro

Now who do u want apple to pick???:Smirk:

Got a link to this "rumor," or "report?" Otherwise, it's just a topic for the "anything," or "other hardware/peripheral," threads.

Macs with Bose I guess is better than nothing, but I'm not a fan of Bose...compared to other sets, they are only good at bass, I wouldn't pay extra for it. I would take Klipsch any day...hands down, for a "built-in" setup.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got a link to this "rumor," or "report?" Otherwise, it's just a topic for the "anything," or "other hardware/peripheral," threads.

Macs with Bose I guess is better than nothing, but I'm not a fan of Bose...compared to other sets, they are only good at bass, I wouldn't pay extra for it. I would take Klipsch any day...hands down, for a "built-in" setup.

Sorry I saw this in a magizine at the dentist office it was a Mac World magizine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Reputable home audio and those 3 companies do not belong in the same sentence. As stated above, the electronics is where it's at. You need to start at the foundation and work up. I couldn't care less if there is any upgrade on the audio side of any PC, as it will never be as good as Mr. Levinson and Mr. Wilson. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.