.mac homepage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
Hi,

I am thinking of buying the .mac package mainly to publish a website on homepage and get the online storage. Is it easy to do for a non techy like me?

At present, I would be using it for uploading pics and creating a website for my upcoming trips that I am planning so I think it will be perfect for this.

What isn't clear from the info on apple. com re the .mac package is if I decided to try and sell stuff on the website at a later date, am I right in saying that the .mac account will be limited in this area?

Regards

Homer_J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm not sure on the specifics of hosting a commercial site on .Mac but I've seen several shareware authors use it to sell their software so I'd imagine it's ok, but you may want to read the user agreement to make sure.

As far as ease of use goes, it's extremely easy to setup a .Mac homepage, there are several templates you can choose from or you can make your own. All of Apple's iLife apps integrate with it so for example you could publish pictures from iPhoto directly to your .Mac homepage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.