Strange iChat Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

Have issues with iChat V 5.0.3(745) on new 2010 Macbook running Snow Leopard, I can text fine to all buddies but not talk as soon as either they or I click accept iChat just sits there trying to form a connection then finally says that the other party declined. If they phone me I get the ringing tone and info box hit accept and the same thing happens they are told I would not accept.

I have set the account up as Jabber because I have a Gmail account using talk.google.com with Port 443 and the SSL box checked.

Things that have been tried
1)Changing port numbers IE 5222 > 5223 etc with and without SSL checked.
2)Turning off the Macbook Firewall.
3)Using Gmail.com as server.
None of the above has helped, and when I open connection doctor all have a green tick so no indication as to what might be wrong. As per screen shot.

I have seen plenty of posts saying that iChat talk is OK but text/chat does not work not helpful as mine is reversed. Any pointers would be appreciated as I wanted to use iChat as a backup to Skype.

OP
newscribe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, in the UK on my WiFi network I am getting a minimum of 1.87Mbps. Just looked at the Apple help file and it says that iChat`s min requirement is 100kbps of Internet speed both up and down so all should be fine, not sure about Swisscom will check that out.

OP
newscribe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok tested both UK and Swiss speeds.

UK
Down = 3.91Mbps
Up = 1.37Mbps

Switzerland
Down = 2.61Mbps
Up = 0.42Mbps

Any further help appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.