Google news please stop sending

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to stop Google news I assume it came with the iMac
I am in the UK so as most of the news is associated with the US not a lot of interest to me. Many people have asked this on a google search but no replies seem to have been given.....funny!!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

I am in the UK and switzerland I do not see how GN came with the Mac as it is a browser linked site, maybe you clicked a link while in google news for updated information or some other. As far as I remember when I first opened Safari it took me to the Apple home page USA which was easy to change to the UK page via flag orb at the bottom of the page. GN is as I said a link if you make Google.co.uk your home page.

If your talking about news feeds then open your email client then go to RSS Feeds then you will see Google News then delete it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Google News is a website, not an application. If you want to change the locale, there is a dropdown in the top left which will let you set the location.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies Guys, I have sussed it out, it was on the bookmark bar listed as news when i got the imac, I just tried the help menu which told me how to delete it, which hopefully has got rid of it.

Thanks Peter

C

chas_m

It sounds like you have somehow set it as your home page. Please see your browser's settings on home pages and set it to something else ... or nothing if you prefer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi cornishpete,

Just as info when browsing and you bookmark a site or page remember that when you click the + sign to do this there will be an option to save the link in bookmarks menu > bookmark bar etc.

PS I`m from Redruth looking at your username

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.