Import Favorites from IE to Safari

G

geokar01

Here's a newbie question, I used Move2Mac and brought over my files and favorites from my PC but I can not get my favorites out of IE and import into Safari. They are in IE on my mac but I tihnk I am going to use Safari....I tried to find the file and just import it from Safari but not sure what fle to bring in...any ideas? :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
im not sure you can....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There is an app called Safari Enhancer on www.versiontracker.com.
If you install it, it will add a menu option to import IE bookmarks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
under the help menu in safari, search for imprt ie favorites.

Reaction score
I am switching over also and was hoping that I could simply bring my favourites folder over and select every 1 individually and save them in safari. I know its not the quickest way but I don't have many, is this possible?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Importing bookmarks the first time you start Safari

The first time you open Safari, it automatically imports your bookmarks from Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, and Mozilla.

At this time, you cannot import bookmarks from other web browsers into Safari. You might be able to move your bookmarks to Safari by exporting them from your web browser as an HTML document. Then open the document in Safari and open your Bookmarks Library in a separate window. Drag the links from the first window to a collection in your Bookmarks Library.

Try D3v1L80Y suggestion

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.