Apple's online store prices..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 14", Intel-iMac 17"
Hi !

I'm currently looking for an iBook for school purpose and I was wondering if the price given on the apple's store includes the taxes ? I'm using the Canadian Store with the student rabate (wich is ~ 130$ ca)

Thanks !
- Alex

N

Netherfox

They don't include tax for the U.S. prices, so I doubt they do for the Canadian ones. But the best way to know for sure would be to add a computer to your shopping cart, go through all the steps of buying, and see what the subtotal is, without actually buying the item of course.

OP
AlexM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 14", Intel-iMac 17"
Netherfox said:
They don't include tax for the U.S. prices, so I doubt they do for the Canadian ones. But the best way to know for sure would be to add a computer to your shopping cart, go through all the steps of buying, and see what the subtotal is, without actually buying the item of course.
I did try that, I went up to the step where they asked me for a credit card number, and the last subtotal I saw (in the cart) was the price I saw in the store, wich would mean taxes are included..

I think I will call Apple's Customers Service tomorrow and found out ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 1.33 ! 60 gig/external 250gig.
no it's not with tax.... just take the education discount and multiply with 1.14 and that'll give you the total cost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
discombobulated said:
no it's not with tax.... just take the education discount and multiply with 1.14 and that'll give you the total cost.
While there may be no sales tax added for the U.S. online store that doesn't mean it's true for other countries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
dstopsky said:
While there may be no sales tax added for the U.S. online store that doesn't mean it's true for other countries.

I agree.
The prices on the US store don't include prices because taxrates vary from state to state. The European store prices for example include the taxes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It doesn't show you the tax until you completely finish the purchase...I am not sure hwo they can do that but everything I have ordered hasn't shown the tax until the order is complete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1024ram
The price shown on apple.ca is without tax. Your credit card is billed the amount that appears on the web plus the appropriate tax (depending on which province it is shipping to). Your credit card is billed this amount when the item ships.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.