Cutsom sidebar icons

S

SomaGaze

This is going to sound a little anal, but its how i am...

My iTunes library is just too big for my powerbook. I would like to relocate the "music" folder under my user to an external drive. When i move the folder my sidebar icon still works to direct me there, but the icon on the sidebar changed from the "treble clef" icon to a normal folder. I want it to stay as te treble clef, can someone direct me how this is done?

thanks,

*mac newb*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
SomaGaze said:
This is going to sound a little anal, but its how i am...

My iTunes library is just too big for my powerbook. I would like to relocate the "music" folder under my user to an external drive. When i move the folder my sidebar icon still works to direct me there, but the icon on the sidebar changed from the "treble clef" icon to a normal folder. I want it to stay as te treble clef, can someone direct me how this is done?

thanks,

*mac newb*

Okay so you moved the entire music folder to the external drive? you dont have to move that folder to move your music. First you open itunes preferences and change the location of your music library, under the advanced tab. then drag only the itunes folder in the music folder to the preselected location. That should take care of moving the library.

To change the icon back im not to sure about. You can try opening a finder window to your home folder. Then drag the music folder from the sidebar to the desktop. You should see a poof. Then drag the music folder you see in the main window to the sidebar. This works for me under 10.3.9

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.