Problem getting airtunes to play through home audio system

Reaction score
I've been trying to get my airtunes express to stream sound through my home stereo with no luck. I am using a PC running my the airport express through a JVC receiver. Everything on the part of the Airport express seems to be connected correctly, I am able to log online and get a steady green light. I setup iTunes to allow for the living speakers to play but when iTunes tries to connect to the other speakers it doesn't seem to recognize them being available. I've tried connecting it through both a digital optical connection and regular red/white audio cable connection to the back of the receiver.

When using my itouch it syncs perfectly to my computer as I able to change the songs, and volume my computer is playing. When I try to select the living room speakers on my computer its grayed out an never seems to complete the connection process. When I connect to them on my itouch it connects but only sound comes out of the computer. I've made sure the volume is turned up on the master volume tab on iTunes.

The airport express is currently connected my existing Linksys router in one of the ports. It is not connected to that network though, I set up a separate network for it. I am connected to the airport express network on both my computer and itouch when I try to play the music. I am assuming it is a connectivity issue or software because if it was streaming the sound correctly I should be able to plug in headphones into the airport express and hear sound correct?

Any step by step instructions on changin the settings on the Airport Utility program would be appreciated, as I feel it may be that I have to adjust my current network setting.

THANKS!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.