iMac lcd refresh rate windows 7

Reaction score
Hello friends!

I'm a new mac user and since I've never tested a mac before I've installed bootcamp and windows 7 just to run some programs that i don't have for mac. I've done some research here in the forum just to get bootcamp working (thanks!)

Now... can you help me setting the correct lcd refresh rate?
I have the 2560x1440 resolution but only can get 59hz.
Is this normal? It hurts my eyes a bit... :(

Many thanks friends and best regards

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The refresh rate in Windows 7 (and XP, Vista) is set automatically by the video driver. Since you didn't mention which model iMac you have, I have no idea of what video chipset it's using. You can try going to the video chipset maker's web site and download the latest drivers they have for Windows 7 and install them. Make sure you get the correct drivers - 32 bit for 32 bit Win 7, or 64 bit if you're running the 64 bit version.

Also take note that the video driver you have or update to, will most likely set the refresh rate to 60 Hz automatically.

OP
S
Reaction score
The refresh rate in Windows 7 (and XP, Vista) is set automatically by the video driver. Since you didn't mention which model iMac you have, I have no idea of what video chipset it's using. You can try going to the video chipset maker's web site and download the latest drivers they have for Windows 7 and install them. Make sure you get the correct drivers - 32 bit for 32 bit Win 7, or 64 bit if you're running the 64 bit version.

Also take note that the video driver you have or update to, will most likely set the refresh rate to 60 Hz automatically.

Hello friend.
You're right, I forgot.
It's a 27'' I5 2,66 with an ATI Radeon HD 4850

I've downloaded amd catalyst and the problem persists...

:(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, thanks for posting back. Go back to the ATI site and download the mobility drivers for the 4850. Install them and let us know if that improves the display visibility and refresh.

BTW, an iMac is really a large notebook computer built vertically so it's not unusual that it really needs the mobility drivers. Let us know.

OP
S
Reaction score
OK, thanks for posting back. Go back to the ATI site and download the mobility drivers for the 4850. Install them and let us know if that improves the display visibility and refresh.

BTW, an iMac is really a large notebook computer built vertically so it's not unusual that it really needs the mobility drivers. Let us know.

Thanks for you help once more.
Unfortunately it's at the same point at it was before. I guess it's the best this lcd can do... :)

Many thanks again.
Kind regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.