os9 contol panels question

F

fenderguitar21

Somehow my contol panels on OS 9 where deleted. i got an idea of using a coustom install of the os9 installand restore them. only some of them come back not all. i dont have like multiple users, speech etc. only the basic ones.i want to avoid to reinstall OS 9 , because i had major problems last time. any ideas?? other wise the system works fine

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
do you mean they don't appear in apple menu>control panels? if so, they are probably in the system folder, and not in the apple menu.

OP
F

fenderguitar21

They are in the apple menu>control panels but the same ones are in the system folder. but still in both folders not all of them are there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac bondie blue 233mhz 320mb ram 2 meg vram 4gig HD and a Beige G3 A/V 266 OCed to 300mhz 64mb ram
check the dissabled control panels folder

OP
T

tonyb

OS 9 install

I had that happen to me with a Powermac 6400/180. My eternet control panel disappeared. I reinstall the software but it never worked again.

I was wonder if you have a OS 9.0 not 9.1 9.2 etc. Just 9.0. I need a copy real bad. I contacted apple and they said they had no more copies left to sell or even give away. I hope you can help as I wish to upgrade the os on my beige mini tower G3 to X and 9 environment.

If anyone has a copy let me know as they are hard to come by.

thanks,

tony
[email protected]

fenderguitar21 said:
Somehow my contol panels on OS 9 where deleted. i got an idea of using a coustom install of the os9 installand restore them. only some of them come back not all. i dont have like multiple users, speech etc. only the basic ones.i want to avoid to reinstall OS 9 , because i had major problems last time. any ideas?? other wise the system works fine

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.