nexflix and firefox help?

Reaction score
well i am useing firefox and i have a netfix account so i am trying to instantly watch a movie on it and when i long in and pick the move and hit play it gives me this a screen that says "thanks for installing" and under it it says "once the installation is complete please restart your browse to watch the movie" with a blue backround and the movies never work this has been going on form the get go and has never worked. i also dont want to have to download a new browser just for nextflix on my mac with 10.6.5 so i am trying to fix this any one can help? thanks in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You don't have to download a new browser. Doesn't your Mac with Snow Leopard already have Safari installed? Switch to Safari and try it that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Did you install Microsoft's Silverlight? Netflix uses it to stream movies. If you already did then to make sure it's properly installed go to Firefox's Tools menu and in Add-ons make sure Silverlight shows up in your plugins section. If it doesn't then try reinstalling it.

If Netflix works in Safari then you definitely know that Silverlight wasn't installed properly on Firefox. I stream Netflix videos in Firefox without any problems.

Reaction score
It's Netflix

Please forgive me for nitpicking. I don't normally correct typos in online forums, but you called it nexflix, netfix and nextflix all in the same post!! :Smirk:

And I also use Firefox all the time with no trouble. You do have to have Silverlight installed as EndlessMac said.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.