Parallels help!

Reaction score
I have OS X and am running parallels 6 with Windows 7 and XP. I have certain devices that need to be run in windows only via a USB (GPS and Fuel programmer). The problem is that when I initially plugged in my Fuel Programmer I accidentally selected to have my Mac OS always recognize it instead of my Windows XP. Now when I plug it in absolutely nothing happens. It seems to me that I need to somehow locate a driver or something to install??? I have the driver name as it would read in windows as a .sys and I have gone through all of my .kext files none of which have matched the one I need. Has anybody had experience with this? Also I have an external HDD that I use in conjunction with Time Machine, would it perhaps be easiest to just go back and set my comp to before I ever plugged in the device? The only issue is that I have not hooked up my comp to my external HDD since I have installed either Windows OS's and really don't want to go through the hassle of re-doing all of that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

EDIT: If this makes it a little more clear as to how I accidentally selected my Mac to recognize the device instead of Windows... I plugged in my camera to bring up the same "new device" window for an example. I just need to now how to undo having my Mac recognize it so I can select to have Windows recognize it instead.

Picture1-5.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Start your Windows 7 parallel machine, when it boots plug your device in and then in the top menu bar you will see an option called "Devices", find it in there and click on it, it will transfer control of the device to your parallel machine

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.