Macbook Problem..?

Reaction score
So I just bought my 'baby' in June of 2010 (Ah, so long ago..) and this is the first time that it's ever really acted up on me. Mind you, some idiot exploded a water balloon over her when my child was just barely a week old, but the problems that have resolved over that seem to be fixed.

Anyhow, today I had been working on an iMovie for class and I would open up the program, shut my lid to switch to another classroom and open up my laptop and it went into Kernel Panic mode only two times after it was opened. Now the school provided us with macbooks (the older models, of course) and I wasn't bothered by it, until this night when apparently it freaked out again, but it didn't shut down this time.

Now you see, I was watching a Jackie Chan video (Singing a mulan song in Chiense. ;D) and the video started freezing, so I tried to exit out of full screen mode. Perhaps it's just a fluke with Firefox, I'm not sure but after that it just completely froze my computer, I couldn't adjust the brightness or the volume and it took three consecutive tries to shut it off by force.

When I turned it back on, however, it went to my home screen and was all peachy and whatnot until it decided that it wanted to freeze again... and returned me to the black screen of doom. So, as I think we can tell, I got it up and running again and I was just curious to know if someone else had this problem? This is the first problem that I've ever had with my lovely baby, and honestly it scares me. (You see, it took months to save for her, with me being a poor high school student.)

Maybe it's just because firefox and macs don't like Jackie Chan on fullscreen. I'm not sure, but whatever the case this has me worried about my child. ;;

Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
C

chas_m

Could (if you're very lucky) just be the hard drive. First, make a backup.

Second, boot from another hard drive or the system DVD that came with the machine. See if the problem appears when booted from a different drive. Run some maintenance on the "bad" drive while you're at it.

If it still happens anyway, I'm very inclined to agree with 6string.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.