Another FTP question

Reaction score
Ok I downloaded Classic FTP. Now when I try to upload a folder full of jpg's for some reason it seems as if the transfer is freezing up and stopping with at the 4th jpg. Any idea why this is happening or how I can fix this problem?

Thanx in advance

Reaction score
Try to upload each .jpg separatly, and see if it works. Maybe it's just a bad server which doesn't support too many uploaded files at once. That wouldn't be surprising if you're server was free.

OP
T
Reaction score
How many JPG's? Where are you uploading to? Do you have "passive transfers" enabled? Most FTP servers want to use that these days..

Also try FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files, Google Docs & Amazon S3 Browser for Mac & Windows.

Regards
I can't find anything that says passive transfers. There's a total of 15 jpgs in the folder. They are being uploaded to a newspapers ftp that I freelance for.

Try to upload each .jpg separatly, and see if it works. Maybe it's just a bad server which doesn't support too many uploaded files at once. That wouldn't be surprising if you're server was free.
I've uploaded more than 15 jpgs in the past. But that was when I working on a PC. Smaller folders with around 5 jpgs uploaded with no problems. I need to have all the jpgs from each job in a specific folder for the job, so uploading seperate jpgs or multiple folders won't work. for me. As far as a free ftp, its the newspapers. I know nothing about it really.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.