My wait finally ended

• Thread starter brianwithan eye
  • Start date
B

brianwithan eye

I came home from work today to find a box containing my brand new Powerbook on the kitchen table. I am now officially a switcher, and it feels great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats on your new system. :)

OP
S

SomaGaze

Christmas in August!

I also received my shiny new PowerBook today! Opened up that shiny new box, removed the RAM, and threw in my 2GB from newegg (woo!)

Now all i need to do is learn this darn OS (still trying to figure how to "install" firefox...)

Cheers!

...from my 15" PowerBook G4 1.67GHz, 2GB RAM, 128VRAM, 100GB HDD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Congrats on the new system...I was ecstatic when i got mine. Most learn the Os in a day and love it ;)
SomaGaze - I'm sure your system is flyin'!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
SomaGaze said:
Now all i need to do is learn this darn OS (still trying to figure how to "install" firefox...)

when you open the disk image it puts on the desktop drag that to the applications folder and then it is installed, and then use firefox to your hearts desire!

and btw...WOOOOOOT!!!!! to the new mac!
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook, 1.67GHz, 100GB HD, 1GB RAM, 128MB Video. 20GB iPod. 512MB iPod Shuffle. 80GB ipod
have fun with your new toys guys, the switch is easy as long as you remember one thing, apple computers are made for everyone, from beginners to experts, so if you get confused, pretend you are very stupid and it will be right there in front of you.

OP
S

SomaGaze

Gert Frobe said:
have fun with your new toys guys, the switch is easy as long as you remember one thing, apple computers are made for everyone, from beginners to experts, so if you get confused, pretend you are very stupid and it will be right there in front of you.
that's exactly how i figured it out, heh

OP
B

brianwithan eye

Alright so heres an update.

Everything has been going great so far, I havent even found myself lost within OS X once yet. I took some advice from some other users on this forum and downloaded Adium and I must say I do like it better than iChat, but im so used to AIM that i admitt to missing it. I transfered all of my music over to my 'book using my iPod as a hard disk and didnt get a lick of trouble when copying files to the mac (copying files FROM the windows pc was another story tho...). My other 512 MB stick from newegg also arrived last night and I'll be putting that in when I get home from work today.

So does anyone have any suggestions for some must have applications?

EDIT: oh, and i saw some posts about hard drive space being taken up..and I did notice my 80 gig HD is down to 62.8 GB..that was one thing i didnt like. But thats all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.