Emulator problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I installed Crossover just to play a Windows game- Civilization: colonization.
Turns out, it is protected by Securom*
Apparently theres a way around it but Im having a hard time finding it, anybody have a link? It would be much appreciated.

C

chas_m

Sorry to be so little help, but have you tried the Crossover: Games forum? I understand they're quite helpful on issues like this.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I installed Crossover just to play a Windows game- Civilization: colonization.
Turns out, it is protected by Securom*
Apparently theres a way around it but Im having a hard time finding it, anybody have a link? It would be much appreciated.

Securom is a Digital Rights Management (DRM) method of copy protection for games and other media. Even if you own the game DVD, it is against the law to go around or remove the protection. We respect all such laws in these forums. I suspect that the copy protection scheme "sees" the emulation provided by Crossover and doesn't "like" it. As chas_m advised, it's best ask the folks at Crossover. And this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.