Questions about audio interface

Reaction score
I'm shopping for an audio interface. Any opinions here about the T.C. Electronics Konnekt 6?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i7 512gb
Im in the same boat as you....

How many inputs (1/4", MIDI, XLR, etc etc) are you in need of, what are you recording and whats your price range is a good start.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I have an M-Audio FireWire Solo currently, and it works great. Has 6 in's and 4 outs @ 24-bit/96khz.

Simple to use, and sounds really good.. I think they retail for about $300 USD.. I picked mine up for $60 CDN brand new ;)

Works extremely well with Ableton Live.

I haven't used anything else, as this is my first interface, but I've owned lots of M-Audio gear before, and they are definitely a brand you can trust.

OP
style0
Reaction score
I'm just needing the double inputs the K 6 offers. Just wondering if there is a better one for the price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66GHz i7 | 4GB | 500GB
I've had a M-Audio ProFire 610 for a year or two now, and I recommend it highly for a budget (but decent) interface.

The preamps are decent, which is generally the most important thing, and it also has the ability to run at 24Bit/192KHz. Most people wont use the 192KHz, but its nice to know that its capable of it if you ever needed it.

I regularly use it with Cubase and Logic, and when I bought it it had the bonus of being compatible with Pro Tools (M Powered) if I ever needed it, although that isn't an issue with the new version (9) as the software no longer requires specific hardware. :D

Cost me £240 here in the UK, probably work out cheaper over in the US, and that was a year or two ago as well.

More info and specs here

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.