Help Please - Newbie!!

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to Apple Mac's ... bought my first Mac Pro yesterday and as much as I love it, I have no idea what I am doing!! I've discovered a few cool things by browsing forums etc. such as getting dashboard widgets onto my desktop but I was wondering if there is a widget for photos that will work if I put it on my desktop. I've tried a couple but none of them seem to show the picture once I I have moved it.

Apologies if this is in the wrong group!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Not sure if this is what you're looking for . . .

You can open System Preferences (the gear icon in your Dock) and then click Desktop and Screen Saver. You can select a collection of your photos that you've placed in the Pictures folder, and set an interval, and choose the method of cycling through them. Then your photos will become your Desktop's background.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
What do you mean a widget for photos? You want a widget for viewing photos on your dashboard, or you want photos as our desktop image...? Hard to tell exactly what you're asking for. Tell us exactly what you want to be able to do. Correct terminology helps too, as in Dock vs. Dashboard vs. Desktop, etc.

Here's a page of short, informative tutorials that will help with your switch. i suggest watching them all then going back to the ones that pertain to your question.

Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.