• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple co-founder offered first computer design to HP 5 times

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
This is news? I thought everyone (well, anyone who had even a mild interest in Apple history) knew that. Woz worked at HP and used HP resources to build the prototype.

HP at the time was not the current HP (the printer and PC company) but the instrumentation company that is now known as Agilent

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This is news? I thought everyone (well, anyone who had even a mild interest in Apple history) knew that. Woz worked at HP and used HP resources to build the prototype.

HP at the time was not the current HP (the printer and PC company) but the instrumentation company that is now known as Agilent

Thanks for that about Agilent. That part I did not know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
I did not know this. I knew Woz worked for HP, but wasn't aware of anything else in this article. That's actually pretty funny.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
This is news? I thought everyone (well, anyone who had even a mild interest in Apple history) knew that.

You assume too much. I'm sure a lot of Apple fans would not know that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You assume too much. I'm sure a lot of Apple fans would not know that.

If they didn't then they are not really Apple fans.....;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.