• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Nasa needs Apple Designers Fast!!

I

iMe

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/02/s...7b63d7bb47af82&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

For all you space geeks, here is an article on Nasa's future plans for their space shuttles. If you look at the pics, the new shuttle designs look just like the old Saturn 5 designs from the 60's. Nasa said that they would walk away from the "Air-Plane" designs...... So what to you think? I just wanted to know what you think about this.....

http://www.virgingalactic.com/en/default.asp

On another note, I really like the designs of the Virgin Galactic space shuttles. They plan to launch their commercial shuttles in the 2008. Boy wouldnt that be the best highschool graduation gift for me. If only I had $200,000.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't see a problem with a design like a plane. If you saw the movie Space Cowboys, they stated the shuttle is just a flying brick. On take off, you see it go up like a rocket. it on reentry you see is land like a plane. What are they planning to do. Return to the Apollo and Gemini days, where they did a water landing. Or are they planning on landing like the Harrier (In the movie True Lies) takes off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.