• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie '09 question, file names to pics?

Reaction score
I am just starting out playing with iMovie and iDVD and am curious on a few things. My family and I spent a bunch of time on Thanksgiving going through pics and identifying everybody as well as figuring out what year it was in pics that stretch back 60 years or so. I have easily figured out how to do slideshows with pics and music and transitions but have a very basic question. Is there any way to automatically add the file name of each picture in the slideshow without creating a new title for each and every photo? It would make the slideshows so much more informative for younger family members who didn't know who was in each picture. Please help, these slideshows are great, and the two that I've made have been greatly appreciated, but if I could automatically add file names to each shot it would be even better.
Thanks in advance

C

chas_m

You could cut down on the work by only identifying a family member the first time they appear.

Alternatively, you could group pictures of a certain person together and make a "title card" at the beginning of that section with their name.

Finally, you could put duplicates of the photos into a program such as Portraits & Prints (free), title the dupes, then use the dupes as your iMovie pictures.

OP
L
Reaction score
You could cut down on the work by only identifying a family member the first time they appear.

Alternatively, you could group pictures of a certain person together and make a "title card" at the beginning of that section with their name.

Finally, you could put duplicates of the photos into a program such as Portraits & Prints (free), title the dupes, then use the dupes as your iMovie pictures.

first two options are out since we are trying to do it as a chronological slideshow, from when my grandparents were married till present. The third option is a definite possibility, is there a simple program included with mac computers that is like microsoft paint? i could do that without even downloading another program if it existed.

C

chas_m

Actually, though I haven't tried it myself, I believe I read in this very forum that Preview (included on your Mac) has an "Annotate" feature that may do exactly what you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.