Why won't it replace my old website??

Reaction score
I have just started with iWeb...I previously had a PC and now have switched to a Mac. I was using CoffeeCup to design a website and now have recreated it in iWeb. My domain is hosted under Network Solutions. It tells me that everything has published successfully, but it publishes it to WhiteBearDanceCenter and not to www.whitebeardancecenter.com. So...when anyone searches for the website or uses the www.whitebeardancecenter.com they get the old website that I can't access anymore and not my new one.

Managing my files in Network Solutions, it seems that there are only the new files and not the old ones.

I am a beginner at all of this...obviously....please PLEASE help!

Reaction score
You have to change the permissions under your cpanel from network solutions. Ask network solutions to do it for you, if you dont know what I am talking about.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you go to your domain, it will look for an index file. I assume that your old site had an index file which is why the old site is being loaded. You have one of two options - create an index file that redirects to your new site or have iWeb publish an index file. I'd like to further help but I don't use iWeb so I'll leave this to those who do. I hope that I've given you a better sense of why you're seeing what you are.

EDIT: Upon further research, iWeb supposedly creates an index.html file that redirects to the site it uploads. In your case, that would be /whitebeardancecenter/WhiteBearDanceCenter.html. Is there an index.html file in your root directory that iWeb created?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.