Deleting Google History

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
When I used to use google on my old PC I could easily delete the history by getting history drop down menu and then just clicking delete with my mouse hovering over what I wanted to delete. Now, on safari I am unable to even get this drop down menu, let alone delete any of my searches...How can I accomplish deleting my history in google?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Which browser are you using?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
In my version of safari. There is a down arrow in the google search window. When I click on it I get a menu. At the bottom of this menu there is a clear history option.

Reaction score
Just go to preference, then AutoFill, then Edit for 'Other Forms', find google on the list and remove it. I don't know how to go about just removing specific items from the autofill list.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
rman said:
In my version of safari. There is a down arrow in the google search window. When I click on it I get a menu. At the bottom of this menu there is a clear history option.

I think he is talking about the Google page itself, not the search window at the top of Safari.

If that is the case, you will have to trash your Safari prefs, get rid of your Auto fills, clear all cache and cookies from Google, then reset Safari.

After you have done that, don't search from the Google page itself, but then just use the search window for Google at the top of Safari and like rman said, just select the option to clear recent searches.

U

UnderOath

or just enable private browsing in the main safari menu. this does it all automatically..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.