What did I do?

Reaction score
Today I was on my home page which was centered in the middle of the screen. I minimized it and when I brought it back up it jumped to the left side of the screen and I cannot get it back to the center. :* Any sage advice? Thank You.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Is this in Safari, or some other application?
Can you see the window but not drag it back to the center?

I can't think of another way of doing this but their might be.
Using SizeUp you can "Center" the currently active window. Great utility, use it daily for all sorts of window moving.
Irradiated Software - SizeUp

OP
P
Reaction score
It is in Safari and I can't drag it anywhere. I just want to center it. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
It may be as simple as restarting Safari, but give SizeUp a try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
It may be as simple as restarting Safari,

And if that fails, restart the computer.

This is the whole Safari window that you can't move, correct? That is, it's not the web page within the Safari window.

OP
P
Reaction score
No it is the web page within Safari. All of a sudden it went all the way to the left and I have been through tutorials to try to find out how to move it back to the center. I do have "hot spots" for the corners, but everything worked fine for two weeks or so.

OP
P
Reaction score
I just figured it out. I click and hold on the top panel of the window and drag it over. You can't click on the body and move it, only the top panel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I was going to suggest that, but I already assumed that's how you were trying to move it.
Sorry for not saying it earlier! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, minor point here, but this might confuse others who stumble upon this thread. It seems that your "solution post" implies that your answer to the question I posed above should in fact be the opposite of what it is. Not a big deal, but if anyone else agrees, please let me know I'm not goofy. And if you can explain it (keep it simple!) that would be great as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, minor point here, but this might confuse others who stumble upon this thread. It seems that your "solution post" implies that your answer to the question I posed above should in fact be the opposite of what it is. Not a big deal, but if anyone else agrees, please let me know I'm not goofy. And if you can explain it (keep it simple!) that would be great as well.
You just have to think like a new computer user, "Safari" is the icon in the dock or applications folder and the "Webpage" is Safari's browser window. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You just have to think like a new computer user, "Safari" is the icon in the dock or applications folder and the "Webpage" is Safari's browser window. :D
Yabut,

I click and hold on the top panel of the window and drag it over. You can't click on the body and move it, only the top panel.
the terminology is right on here^ (well, almost. . . it's called a toolbar, not top panel - but that's pretty good!)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.