Reading a CD

Reaction score
I tried reading a CD with photographs on my Imac, and it spit it out. The CD is a Memorex DVD-R. Does anyone know why my Imac will not read this CD? Can you tell me what I can do to read this CD? Thank you for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does your iMac read other DVD and CD media OK? Also it helps if you tell us which iMac you own and what version of OS X it's running.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
iMac's and Memorex are not very compatible in my experience. No idea why, but they just do not like them, but as suggested, post back with more specs.

OP
R
Reaction score
Need some help - have two questions

I have an iMac w/Mac OS X - version 10.4.11. My CD player will not read any discs I put into it. It was suppose to be fixed a year ago. I've only used it once since getting it back from the repair service. It worked fine the first time I used it, and that was the only time I've used it. Now, 16 months later, I want to use it again. But it doesn't work. It does not read the CD's. What can or what should I do to correct this problem? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My other question has to do with Apple computers and their lack of software that can be used by them. Is there something I can have done to my iMac so that it can read CD's that are designed for PC Windows? Being unable to use software designed for PC's and not Mac's is quite frustrating.

Thank you for your courteous and sincere help.

OP
R
Reaction score
I have an Imac w Mac OS X - v 10.4.11. And it does not read any CD or DVD. It keeps spitting everything out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Does it accept a blank CD or DVD ?
Can you post a screen shot of System Preferences-> CD & DVD's to see what action the OS will undertake when a CD / DVD is inserted.
Maybe include a screenshot of the technical details ( About this Mac -> More info -> Disk Burning )

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.