• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Multibutton mouse on apples site

• Thread starter brianwithan eye
  • Start date
B

brianwithan eye

I saw a post that the store went down and checked it out. Got on apples site and saw a muti button apple mouse on the main screen.

Powerbook arrives tomorrow. might have to go pick up one of these as well..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Awesome news. And I too am picking up a PowerBook soon, and this mouse is great news for me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
It's so cool! It looks really slick. I might have to replace my BT Keyboard and mouse with this and a regular keyboard. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
finally apple has decided to join with the rest of the world and issue a multi-button mouse. definately good news! :biohazard

OP
I

iMe

This was a very smart move for Apple. I guess Steve gotta lot of bad feed-back about the 1-button mouse being easier to use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It's not really a multi-button mouse...it's single button, with two touch sensors on either side.
Alas the fate of the one-button mouse in today’s multibutton world. Who has time for intuitive, elegant design when there is so much clicking to do? Thanks to a smooth top shell with touch-sensitive technology beneath, Mighty Mouse allows you to right click without a right button. Capacitive sensors under Mighty Mouse’s seamless top shell detect where your fingers are and predict your clicking intentions, so you don’t need two buttons — just two fingers.
The software allows you to specify whether you have two buttons, a button and a "hot key" for Dashboard or Expose or something, or just one button.

Not bad, but I see no reason to get one.
[EDIT: It might be considered a "four button" mouse, since it will also accept "squeezes" and clicks on the scroll ball."]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I will have to stop by the apple store this week to try that out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 1.33/512/80GB - Macbook 1.83/CD/2GBs ram.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Mine is on it's way.... I don't really care for the two button... Although it is nice... It's the scroll I have been wanting. Makes navigating timelines in FCP and Motion so much easier. But now I don't have to give up the one button look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I probably won't buy it since I have the apple bt mouse. If they released this with BT and rechargeable batteries I would be all over it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet) 400 MHz
I'll stay with my Apple BT mouse. It's great as long as i have a spare set of batteries recharged. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
tempting but ill wait to try one out and then wait again till they bring out a BT version of it :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
nyone knows what's the sensitivity of this mouse?...
800dpi, 1600dpi?....

OP
B

badmojo

trpnmonkey41 said:
I probably won't buy it since I have the apple bt mouse. If they released this with BT and rechargeable batteries I would be all over it

I'm sure they will at some point. The wired mouse may even become standard product in the future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Hmm...well, it looks nice, and it's functionalities seem to be interesting too...
Yet I will have to first test it before I can make any further judgement about it.
An Apple mouse was always special because of it's way to click (one-click), now it's still special, because there's no click at all. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
my dad just ordered it for his powermac...no big deal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I went to the local apple store and tried the mouse out. The middle scroll ball feels a little weird to me, but I like it. I reserved one at the store and I should get it tomorrow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.