Questions about Apple 24" Cinema Display

Reaction score
Hi

I'm in the UK and about to purchase the 24" LED Apple Cinema Display (Amazon UK still sell this) and have some questions before i go ahead:

1) What is the depth of the panel? I've looked everywhere (even manual) but i cannot find the depth without the stand. I managed to ask someone on ebay who's selling one and he said its about 4cm at its deepest point....which seems too good to be true! However just looking at some pics of this panel on the web indicates the panel is at least 5-6cm thick? Could someone who has one (or used one) confirm this please?

2) I already have a VESA 100x100mm wall mounting bracket fitted on my existing panel. Can this simply be fitted onto the back of the Cinema Display or do i have to buy Apple's VESA adaptor to fit this?

3) Power consumption? On Amazon's specs it states that the panel uses around 200W of power...surely this is excessive for a 24" LED backlit panel? I was expecting this to be less than 100w, considering that other 22" LED panels consume less than 50w.

4) Finally as i will be using this with my Win 7 desktop pc, will I need a converter such as this to convert from DVI to MiniDisplay Port? If so, i presume the panel will work just as it would as if i used a mac with no loss of quality? I presume the panel's speakers would also work without requiring any additional drivers when connected to my pc via USB?

Many Thanks :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.