Extreme Base Station failure...?

Reaction score
I've had the Airport Extreme Base Station set up here for at least a month, everything working smoothly. A couple of nights ago I came home from work, and the internet on my desktop was not working. I tried everything I could and finally called Valor [my internet provider for my home desktop] for Tech Support. They did everything they could on the phone and decided to send out a representative to look at it. He got here today, unplugged the cable from the Exreme Base Station and just went directly to the modem; now the desktop internet works fine. So the problem was with the Extreme. I haven't had time to really look at it yet, but I sure hope it didn't break considering the price I payed for it and only having it for about one month. :eek:neye:

Anyone ever have similar trouble with this before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
badmojo said:
Did you try to reset it?

Reset it completly to factory defaults and load all your information in it again from the start.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It sounds like all you will have to do is powercycle the whole setup. Turn everything off, computers, modem and Base Station.
Then turn them back on in this order:
1. modem
2. Base Station
3. computers
This way, all of your computers will renew their IP addresses and you should have connectivity on all machines again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.