amplification

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not yet
I run a set of Harman/Kardon SoundSticks III through my iMac. Most of the time, the volume is sufficient to hear most anything I'm listening to. However, sometimes - even with all of the various volume controls cranked up all the way - I can barely hear anything. I'd appreciate suggestions regarding amplification systems that might help me with this issue. Since my iMac is in my already-rather-cramped office, I'd prefer something on the smaller size (assuming that a hardware addition in part of the solution). Thx!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
When exactly are you noticing this problem? I have noticed it with some video (You Tube and others). If this is where you are having problems it may be that the sound levels are just that ;ow on specific videos. The only solution I have found is to raise the volume level of the video it self. Flash for example often uses a small speaker icon in the lower left of the window.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not yet
Slydude - what you describe is exactly where I have the problem (especially on some of the instructional videos that I view). I understand this is most likely a function of the quality (or lack thereof) of the video. Nevertheless, it would be nice if there was an extra power source that could boost the output.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Unfortunately I have not found a solution for this yet either. If it is a video I plan on keeping I can usually download it and boost the audio but that is kind of a pain.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.