Asus to Macbook Pro 13"

Reaction score
Hey. I'm planning to get a Macbook Pro 13" and I'm wondering if I should get the one with 2.4GHz and 250GB or 2.66GHz and 320GB. I mostly use Google Chrome (min of 6 tabs open), Winamp, Last.fm, F.lux, FeedDemon, Mozilla Thunderbird, sometimes iTunes when syncing my iPod Touch, occasionally Photoshop. I'm using my Asus 1005P netbook to do all these, and boy does it crawl.

Would I settle with 2.4 GHz or go with 2.66GHz? The price difference is roughly $300 in our local store. This is the first time I'm buying a Mac so I'd be grateful if you guys help me decide. Thanks. :)

OP
brilliant
Reaction score
You mean, the difference between 2.66 and 2.4GHz isn't that much?

Really have no idea here. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
There is no real world difference between a 2.4 and 2.66 ghz processor. Get whichever HD you want, then upgrade it aftermarket (much cheaper), same with RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Are you planning on running WinAmp in OS X? If so, sorry buddy. I used to use MacAmp back in the pioneer days of MP3s on OS 9, but it was a looong time ago. iTunes now reigns, but last.fm still works, chrome is a nice browser, Thunderbird.. eh, I prefer Mail, but to each his own, and hah, photoshop. Yea, I've got a slower computer than you and do all of that and then some simultaneously (I have a short attention span, or maybe a wide range of focus? haha). Either way, the Asus brand is a great computer if you're in the non-Apple world, but yea. Welcome to the light. Come aboard. 2.4-2.66 is only a 260MHz jump. That is like adding the speed of a first generation iMac G3 to the processor... don't worry about it.

OP
brilliant
Reaction score
There is no real world difference between a 2.4 and 2.66 ghz processor. Get whichever HD you want, then upgrade it aftermarket (much cheaper), same with RAM.

Are you planning on running WinAmp in OS X? If so, sorry buddy. I used to use MacAmp back in the pioneer days of MP3s on OS 9, but it was a looong time ago. iTunes now reigns, but last.fm still works, chrome is a nice browser, Thunderbird.. eh, I prefer Mail, but to each his own, and hah, photoshop. Yea, I've got a slower computer than you and do all of that and then some simultaneously (I have a short attention span, or maybe a wide range of focus? haha). Either way, the Asus brand is a great computer if you're in the non-Apple world, but yea. Welcome to the light. Come aboard. 2.4-2.66 is only a 260MHz jump. That is like adding the speed of a first generation iMac G3 to the processor... don't worry about it.

You guys sure are helpful. Thanks! I'd go with 2.4Ghz.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.