mail is beach balling

B

BrianH

since friday whenever i open up Mail, it beach balls and I have to force quit. I have mail using 2 accounts, my school email and an old AOL screen name. I dont know why it is beach balling unless one of the servers are down for school or AOL for mail. however, I have went to the sites and checked my own mail and it works fine. Any thoughts?

OP
H

Harryc

What's your available free disk space? Repair Disk Permissions. Delete the 2 accounts(one at a time) in mail preferences, and see if it still fails.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
did you send any big huge mails? i did once and i just had to leave it alone for awhile. it sends when you start up even if you do force quit. ... . talk about determined mail service!

OP
B

BrianH

I repaired disk permissions didnt help at all. It locks up entirely and i cant get to my preferences menu unless i unplug the internet which i will do here in a second. I have plenty of free space almost 60 gigs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.