IMac and LG TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am of course new here, and I can't seem to find this answer anywhere. I just bought an LG M2762D 27" Widescreen 1080p TV. I also bought the apple mini adapter, but I cant for the life of me get it to work on my IMAC. I have a Mac OS intel core 2 duo.

Is there something else that I am missing in order to get this to work?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Please read the following Sticky Post for information regarding hooking your Mac to a TV.

Reaction score
I am of course new here, and I can't seem to find this answer anywhere. I just bought an LG M2762D 27" Widescreen 1080p TV. I also bought the apple mini adapter, but I cant for the life of me get it to work on my IMAC. I have a Mac OS intel core 2 duo.

Is there something else that I am missing in order to get this to work?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Howdy from Texas.
LG TVs are nothing but a pain in the commonwealth neck? They have no less than 12 things they want you to except if you connect the TV with Internet. Do not do this. Use the LG television only as a monitor completely disconnected from Internet or Wi-Fi or if you’ll get inundated with us every conceivable way of connecting with you and robbing your information personal data.
Do not use any of their apps and sign in are you are very much regret. They are confusing, not helpful design only to rob the information and send you advertisements and sell your bank connect it with an Apple TV directly and connect the Apple TV with your router only. Do not connect the LG TV to anything except the Apple TV directly with an HDMI cable completely turn off everything that will connect the LG TV to the Internet. Even then it will pop up occasionally and give you a hard time telling you to except about a dozen different terms and conditions which are absolutely insane. get an Apple TV 4K or similar streaming device and only connected with the TV directly. Do not connect are use the smart TV functions at all. Ignore all of them. Best, Stephen Thomas, MD.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This is a 13 year old post and long resolved no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.