Audio Mixing Software?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking into mixing some songs together (mp3) in order to make some mixes for working out, parties, etc. I've played with garageband but it seems like you can't import your own music into it (such as MP3's), so I'm looking into anything else that might be out there.

Thanks in advance,

Oleg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Calsoldier said:
Hey guys,

I'm looking into mixing some songs together (mp3) in order to make some mixes for working out, parties, etc. I've played with garageband but it seems like you can't import your own music into it (such as MP3's), so I'm looking into anything else that might be out there.

Thanks in advance,

Oleg
You can import your own songs into GargageBand.
If you have an MP3, just drag and drop it into an empty track.
If you are talking about taking a certain part of a song and using it in another, like a vocal line only... then you will need access to the master tracks for the song and the only way to have these tracks is to be the one who actually recorded and mixed the song initially.
In other words, you can't pull tracks from an MP3.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the Garageband input. I'll try dragging it in and then mixing with that. However, how do I save the file as a mp3 again? Is the only way to do it, is to import it into iTunes?

Oleg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Calsoldier said:
Thanks for the Garageband input. I'll try dragging it in and then mixing with that. However, how do I save the file as a mp3 again? Is the only way to do it, is to import it into iTunes?

Oleg

Exactly.
GarageBand will export to iTunes as an AIFF.
Just convert it to MP3 once its in iTunes.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
look for mixxx. its a free DJ application that can do auto dj mixes and save the output.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.