iTunes Importing Advice...

P

pomme

Hello

I am importing an album where there are 2 tracks that are 'linked' with no gap between the song. It is possible to import the tracks as they are heard on the actual CD? As it doesn't sound right if a gap appears in between the songs when I listen to it via iTunes......

Cheers

Pomme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
theres not a way to do it in itunes, but there are others apps you could use to join the 2 and open that in itunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
I've never heard a gap between any songs playing in iTunes, unless there's dead sound recorded at the end or the beginning of the song. They all seem to be tied nicely with no pauses.

OP
P

pomme

Hello dstopsky

You must have your crossfade playback set in the iTune preferences, so that there are no pauses inbetween any songs. My main issue arises when I want to burn the said album - I want to hear it as it was recorded.....

I've got a feeling that I've read it somewhere (probably one of my many MacWorlds ;) ) that it can be done.....

Cheers

Pomme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iTunes Preferences -> Audio

Turn on crossfade and set the time to 0...this will get rid of the gaps in playback on the computer

iTunes Preferences -> Burning
Set gap to 0 seconds

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.