Beatles, Apple Store URL, Safari 10.6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.8GHz Core i7 4GB; MacBook Pro 13.3" Core i5 4GB
The other day, the home page for Safari became the Beatles photo - how can I change this? At the same time, when I attempted to contact the Online Apple Store i received "Invalid URL The requested URL "/us" is invalid". I am currently using Safari 10.5.3 - should I upgrade to 10.6+? iMac 27" Intel i7 4 GB Memory 1TB HDD. Thanks for help.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The other day, the home page for Safari became the Beatles photo - how can I change this?

Set a different webpage as your homepage. Right now Apple is promoting The Beatles as they just inked a deal to sell their catalog. It's kind of a big thing that's been years in the making.

At the same time, when I attempted to contact the Online Apple Store i received "Invalid URL The requested URL "/us" is invalid". I am currently using Safari 10.5.3 - should I upgrade to 10.6+? iMac 27" Intel i7 4 GB Memory 1TB HDD. Thanks for help.

Works for me. Is this the page that you're referring to:

Apple - How to Contact Us ?

And yes, you should always keep your system up-to-date, lest you open yourself up to exploits and vulnerabilities that you would have otherwise gotten patches for.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.8GHz Core i7 4GB; MacBook Pro 13.3" Core i5 4GB
I probably appear simple but how do I change the Safari home page. Thanks again.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I probably appear simple but how do I change the Safari home page. Thanks again.

Click the Safari menu => Preferences => General

Find the Home Page field and put whatever webpage you'd like to have as your homepage.

2010-11-21_0959.png

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Click on Safari up in the bar up top then on Preferences. Then on the General Tab. There is a field 1/2 way down the page. Put in the URL of whatever page you want as your Homepage.

C

chas_m

I am currently using Safari 10.5.3 - should I upgrade to 10.6+? iMac 27" Intel i7 4 GB Memory 1TB HDD. Thanks for help.

I am pretty sure the iMac 27" has always shipped with 10.6 or higher, and can't run anything older, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

The current version of Safari is 5.0.3.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.