Scrubber program?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
Are there any good "scrubber" applications for Mac OS X?
I'm looking for something similiar to CyberScrub or WindowWasher for the PC...

I want a program that can scrub Internet files and erase deleted files.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
scrub?
in safari>history>clear history

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
Thanks for the reply. :)

I'd still be interested if anyone knows of a tough scrubber program that's good. I was looking at Super Scrubber, but I'm not sure if it's any good. I like CyberScrub on the PC becuase it completely destroys all traces of anything you want it to. It's beyond the Department of Defense grade security. I was hoping there was something like that for the Mac.

D

damontgo

OSX Security is some of the best around.. you don't need a "scrubber" b/c your internet history clears at the touch of a button, and I don't think it's recoverable. If you want to be extra sure, Safar-->Reset Safari

Also you can click the apple to clearrecent applications, as well as clear recen files in most any app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Big Mike said:
Thanks for the reply. :)

I'd still be interested if anyone knows of a tough scrubber program that's good. I was looking at Super Scrubber, but I'm not sure if it's any good. I like CyberScrub on the PC becuase it completely destroys all traces of anything you want it to. It's beyond the Department of Defense grade security. I was hoping there was something like that for the Mac.
Just choose Secure Empty Trash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
hmmm at that/\/\/\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Big Mike wants two things: a history cleaner like Window Washer and a secure file removal program like Cyber Scrub.

"Reset Safari" does the first, and Secure Empty Trash does the latter.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you all so much for the replies!

It's amazing how much I keep finding out about OS X !

I'll definately try the clear history and then erase free disk space. That sounds very similar to what CyberScrub and Window Washer does. I also like the idea of "secure empty trash".

Onyx sounds really good... I'm going to download it and give it a go.

Thanks again! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.