Purchasing an external DVD burner

B

BEEEsH

Anyone have any recomendations?
I have a mini, and i want a portable dvd burner so i could use it on my pc as well.

OP
B

brianwithan eye

BEEEsH said:
Anyone have any recomendations?
I have a mini, and i want a portable dvd burner so i could use it on my pc as well.

I just bought the new LaCie d2 16x Lightscribe burner off of apple's site with my new powerbook, its supposed to arrive today I'll let you know how it goes

OP
B

BEEEsH

brianwithan eye said:
I just bought the new LaCie d2 16x Lightscribe burner off of apple's site with my new powerbook, its supposed to arrive today I'll let you know how it goes

thnx!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am also looking to get the LaCie DVD burner with lightscribe with my next purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
I've been using an Artec USB 2.0 DVD+-R/RW for the last year and it works fine, plus it was fairly inexpensive. Because it's larger than the mini I wouldn't say it's "portable," but it is external. Of course, though, for what I paid a year ago you can get a Dual Layer for the same price and probably more of a name-brand like Sony, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.