New Mac user needs help with file share

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have recently just converted to Mac.. OMG i wish i did it years ago, it is just so much faster.. most of it is also much easier but there are a few things i am stuck on.

firstly i am trying to connect my macbook pro to the office wireless network so that i can share files and also use the printer.. Now i do not mean the internet network, that i know..

The other thing is i am trying to transfer all of my emails and contacts from outlook 2003 over to Mac Mail.. I have tried several things but none work 100%...

I would be very grateful if someone can help me..

Many thanks in advance
Robin

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, let's get this in the correct forum. Does not belong in "Windows".

It might be best to consult with your IT department about connecting your Mac to your office wireless network. We know nothing about how it's setup and what requirements must be met. (password, proxy, etc.)

As far as transferring all your contacts from Outlook to Mail, the best way to do that is by using a small program called "O2M". It's well worth the $10 registration fee.

Also, you may be interested in knowing that the newest version of Microsoft Office for the Mac 2011 now includes Outlook in the "Home and Business" version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
It's also a pretty decent program. Not that I'm a huge outlook guy, but I use it at work so I've been using it with a couple of my accounts at home. Pretty decent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
If you can sign up to it on your work PC then dropbox is good for sharing files and gives you 2 gigs storage for free.

You simply upload the files direct from your machine into your dropbox folder and then sign in on the other machine and download your files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.