Switching

Reaction score
A client of mine had a 2nd generation iMac that was constantly shutting down so he called me to see if I could fix it. After he had gone to another computer company who told him he needed extensive repairs and replacements, I found the problem to be his internal airport card and by switching it off his computer was as steady as a rock. By this time he bought a new MacMini and I transferred all of his company's files. He was grateful and gave me the iMac.

I am a computer professional who works on both PC and Mac so you can imagine how thrilled I am to actually own a Mac. I have upgraded the OS to 10.6.5 and trimmed down a bunch of files I don't need. I ordered a cable to attach a second monitor and have been working away learning all I can.

I found myself booting both machines together this morning to see which one loads faster. After checking my email on the iMac and responding to a couple, my PC was still loading.

I design as well so naturally I am looking forward to using my copy of Photoshop CS5, installed yesterday. The display is so bright and lively I am loving it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Good news, have fun with that free bargain mac

C

chas_m

Not sure what you mean by "2nd generation iMac," the second generation of them came around and went away over 10 years ago!

Still, I hope you enjoy whatever model iMac that actually is!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Wait, this client was so grateful that you fixed his Mac that he gave it to you? Does he have a Bugatti that needs a fill-up?

Reaction score
Is it this one?

comp0302imac_A.gif

OP
R
Reaction score
Is it this one?

comp0302imac_A.gif
Nope but I have one of those as well sitting in a corner gathering dust. My iMac has a 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (which makes it 2nd generation as the first had Intel Core Duo). It's an iMac 5.1.

@toMACsh Yes! Not a Bugatti but a 1988 560SL. I'm holding out for a convertible.

Just added dual monitors. I can't believe how easy that was. In Windows you have to jump through all kinds of hoops. With the iMac...Bingo!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
My iMac has a 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (which makes it 2nd generation as the first had Intel Core Duo). It's an iMac 5.1.
Late 2006 iMac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.