• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple readying 'iTunes Producer' for record labels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Apple readying 'iTunes Producer' for record labels
October 22, 2003 - 23:22 EDT Apple is in the process of launching new applications and marketing tools for its iTunes Music Store that aim to make it easier for record labels and artists to sell and promote music on the service. According to Billboard Bulletin (paid subscription required), Apple is preparing an application called iTunes Producer, which will help labels submit content for inclusion in the store. The free software, expected to be released on October 31 in a beta version, allows users to encode their music (enter album, song and artwork information) and send the files directly to Apple. Billboard also says that Apple has brokered an arrangement with Google in which the search engine is offering a reduced advertising rate to labels that promote iTunes. And, as previously reported, Apple has posted the iTunes Link Maker, which allows Web site operators to generate direct links to the iTunes store. Thanks to MacMinute reader David Bills for the details.

My Comments: Kind of cool.. Im beginning to think we should have a forum for iTunes :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
lol, I think Apple is starting to make a strong hold in the music industry.

Which I hope helps out their computers. I mean, more money means they can hire more engineers, blah blah..

sKaD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
and hopefully in 2-3 yrs ill be one of those engineers :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Don't hope, do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.