Stickies like on Windows PC

Reaction score
When I was using my Windows PC I had a program called Turbonotes that I used all the time. It was a fantastic little program for daily little notes.

This "sticky note" program would automatically start each time with Windows and more importantly have an alarm function that I could set.

This would mean that I could create a sticky note / place an alarm date:time on it and then hide it from view.

At the alarm time...or after if i started my computer later than the alarm, the note would pop up and I could deal with it.

Is there anyway to make the Mac "stickies" do this? (alarm and hidden from view)

Is there another sticky note program that would do this?

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" macbook, 4th gen ipod touch
I use calender to do alarms. It will do what you described.

C

chas_m

unholyalmond means "iCal." It does exactly this.

There is also genuine Stickies app included on your Mac, but I don't think it does alarms (I use iCal for that so I haven't tried).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I use Stickies, and as far as I know, it does not do alarms. It doesn't need to, as iCal has that covered. Stickies behave just as you would expect, given the name. Notes stay in the app until you remove them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.