• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Embedding subtitles to an avi

Reaction score
What do I need to do this? I want to be able to watch something in a foreign language, but I need the subtitles to actually be part of the video. I've scoured the net for answers, it's a difficult plight, but I may be stupid. Any free programs I could use to achieve this amazing feat?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
OP
J
Reaction score
I have VLC already, I need to have them be an actual part of the video file, embedded onto it, so if I use it on a device that doesn't read subtitles I still have them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
OP
J
Reaction score
I've tried both of those, you have to register them or else it takes out every other subtitles to remind you that you're mean for not paying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I think your going to have a hard time finding something that it free, but I'll take a look around on the open source sites and see if I can find something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I know this is a pretty old thread, but I was Googling for an answer and I stumbled upon this great thread. Thank you, McYukon, for your marvelous suggestion. Worked like a charm!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:D Your welcome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.