Please help

F

frida

Here's the situation. I just edited a video on Final Cut Pro, I exported it as a Final Cut Pro movie onto my desktop. Now I want to copy it onto a DVD. Can I do this with Toast Titanium 5.2? I got some blank DVDs which I thought were recordable....they're Maxell DVD+R data.video blanks...but my MAC is not taking them, (Okay i'm probably sounding really dumb now) But I thought this was going to be easy...
I need to know what format the video needs to be in prior to copying to DVD? (or burning, right?)
What kind of blank DVD to buy for a MAC....I guess the ones I got are for PC?????
and how the **** I do it....If anyone could give me a quick idiots guide to doing this I would be grateful...I have a PowerBook G4 OSX operating system....thanks very much for any help you can provide

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
if you are trying to use a superdrive the problem is the media

superdrives do not support the DVD+R media. you need to be using DVD-R

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
yep, get different disks

OP
Z

Zimmerb61

Yep wrong media

MacAddikt said:
yep, get different disks

Same thing happened to me, return those disks and get yourself DVD - R, or DVD minus R, not the + won't work in your MAC.

Barry

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have an external Lacie DVD burner, which supports DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW and DVD+RW. I have only tried the DVD-R at this time. I have used boot Apple DVDs and Imation DVDs both work fine. I do burn at a slower speed to make sure things work okay. I have a box of Fuji DVD+R and onw DVD+RW, which I will be trying this week -end when I back up my system. In preparing to upgrade to Panther.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Also I should mention that I am using Toast 6.

OP
T

The Dragon

and even then stay with the minus standard it's just better.
better compatibility they say quicker lead out writing and it's MAC supported witch is (needles to say) the most important bit
Wintel PC's prefer the minus as well most internal players don't accept +.
Good luck at burning those plastic circles
The Dragon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Wholly crap, what's with everyone spelling it "MAC" it's "Mac" okay?

:)

sKaD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.