Planning to make the Switch !

Reaction score
Hello fellow forum members..I'm looking to make the transition from PC to Mac i Just wanted to get a little opinion on what i should get, my choices so far are between a refurbed macbook pro 13 inch from apple's website or the new macbook uniobody polycarbonate ...thanks for your help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
Hello fellow forum members..I'm looking to make the transition from PC to Mac i Just wanted to get a little opinion on what i should get, my choices so far are between a refurbed macbook pro 13 inch from apple's website or the new macbook uniobody polycarbonate ...thanks for your help :)

Do you mean the MacBook air? Depends what you want to use it for but the specs on the new one look very low to me.

OP
D
Reaction score
Do you mean the MacBook air? Depends what you want to use it for but the specs on the new one look very low to me.

Nah jus the regular macbook pro 13 and the Macbook white ...to answer your question I plan on using it for Some Video & Photo Editing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
You didn't mention the specs on the refurbed MBP but there isn't too much difference between the white MacBook and the silver 13" MBP. The MBP has Firewire 800 which is faster than USB 2 and it has an SD card reader slot. Those are only an issue if they are important to you.

Also depending on how old the refurb you are talking is it might have an older video card whereas the MacBook has the newer Nvidia 320M card which may or may not help you with your video and photo editing if the programs you use utilizes the video card.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I would look over this page. It is a comparison of all the features of the different Macs. The 13" MB and MBP are almost identical on the inside. Minus a few things that EndlessMac was nice enough to list out for you.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help from what the apple website states its a 13" Macbook Pro with a 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor 4 gb of DDR3 Memory and a Nvidia 320M Graphics card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Thanks 6string. Wow that stuff must be a lot stronger than I thought. >_<" Totally off of it.
Yeah... I stopped doin that years ago, and it's definitely a lot stronger than it was in the 60s and 70s ;P

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Yeah... I stopped doin that years ago, and it's definitely a lot stronger than it was in the 60s and 70s ;P

Big lesson learned. Don't computer under the influence. >_<"

OP
D
Reaction score
So i'm leaning towards the Macbook White Unibody but idk if i should save some more and get the pro?

C

chas_m

So i'm leaning towards the Macbook White Unibody but idk if i should save some more and get the pro?

Hard to say -- can you tell us a little about what you expect to do with the machine? That would help us determine the best answer for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.