Black jpg thumbnail problem

Reaction score
New to Mac's so I assume this is user error.

I Downloaded photos from my camera using iPhoto, The photos were shot in RAW + Jpg so two files for each shot. So far so good.

iPhoto doesn't support RAW, I know that, but Finder is still able to show a thumbnail which is useful.

The problem starts with some, not all, of the jpg's. They open/preview in iPhoto ok, but in Finder they just show as a plain black thumbnail, using Preview or looking at the details also gives a plain black image. Photoshop also opens them as plain black images.

If anyone has any ideas why this might have happened please let me know! :[

PS Screenshot attached if that helps.

Problem.jpg

C

chas_m

Launch iPhoto holding down the option and command keys. A list of repair/rebuild options will appear. Try rebuilding the thumbnails and any of the other options you think would help.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't know you could do that, unfortunately it hasn't resolved the problem.

I've deleted all the black thumbnails now so I'll see what happens next time I download from the camera. Fingers crossed!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.