iMAC itunes,iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"screen,3.2Intel core 13 processor,4MB SHARED LEVEL CACHE
New owner just bought a new iMAC last nite,have read need to add computer to itunes ,how,is there any way to transfer data(book marks etc)from a pc.

Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If you bought it at an Apple Store, you can bring in your PC and have them transfer the data for free. Make sure you setup an appointment at the Genius bar.

If you'd rather do it yourself, you'll need to either network the two machines and manually transfer the data or use something like a Flash drive or external hard drive to dump the data to it and then copy it back to the iMac.

Depending on your skill level, this could be fairly challenging.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Be sure to de-authorize your old PC with iTunes and then load up iTunes on your new iMac and then Store->Authorize This Computer.

Transferring bookmarks from a PC depends on what browser you used on the PC. You an export your book marks there, copy the file to the Mac and import them..

Regards

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bought it at best buy,when i pull up itunes there is no menu on the left such as file to add computer

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
On the Mac, look at the top menubar (next to the Apple logo) it should say iTunes, File, Edit, View, Controls...there you'll see the Store entry..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Also, before you get yelled at, it's "iMac" not "iMAC". There are some people who are rather militant in their expectation that you spell it correctly. :)

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When i click on the itunes, logo screen comes up, the only menu is on the left music
,tv shows etc do i need to delete itunes and reinstall?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks schweb, i will remember, still learning.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When i click on the itunes, logo screen comes up, the only menu is on the left music
,tv shows etc do i need to delete itunes and reinstall?

Notice the menu bar at the very top of your screen. It is contextual, meaning that it changes depending on which application window is currently in focus (i.e. clicked on). So, when you have iTunes open and you're working in that window, the menu bar at the very top of the screen shows available menus for that application. When you have iTunes open, it should look something like this:

2010-11-07_1308.png

And the menus should look roughly the same as they do in their Windows counterparts.

This tutorial details how to move an iTunes library from Windows to your Mac:

Move an iTunes library from a Windows PC to a Mac | Music and Audio | Playlist | Macworld

*DO NOT remove or attempt to reinstall any applications at this point. It is likely not needed and you will be doing yourself a huge disservice*

Wait until you've got a firm grasp on the Mac before you start to "fix" things that are likely not broken.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
O.K when i click on the itunes icon there is no menu how can i send you a screen picture?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
O.K when i click on the itunes icon there is no menu how can i send you a screen picture?

That's a story for another thread ;)

Do you see the iTunes window at all?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iget a generic itunes window that talks about downloading music,or importing cds and thats it ihave tried downloading itunes again no luck how do i delete the orignal itunes?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iget a generic itunes window that talks about downloading music,or importing cds and thats it ihave tried downloading itunes again no luck how do i delete the orignal itunes?

OK. Sounds like you're getting the initial tutorial that walks you through setting up iTunes. That's fine for now. Step through it and setup iTunes. Then, when you're finished, follow this tutorial here:

Move an iTunes library from a Windows PC to a Mac | Music and Audio | Playlist | Macworld

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
o.k. really frustrated,went through tutorial on itunes still cant set up itunes,cant delete itunes keeps saying itunes running,cant download itunes,hangs up wont finish download ready to take it back.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
o.k. really frustrated,went through tutorial on itunes still cant set up itunes,cant delete itunes keeps saying itunes running,cant download itunes,hangs up wont finish download ready to take it back.

Yeah, something is not right there, not sure what else to tell you. I would give Apple's tech support line a ring before you take it back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.