Powerbook 15.2" screen

N

nell

Have had the new Poweerbook for three weeks and have noticed that on white screen images (like the one I am typing on for this forum) the screen has several brighter areas. One with tiny white dots. Is this usual or shoudl I ring Apple? It's not diabolically bad - but is noticeable. Any thought?

OP
S

StealthMode

Mine was doing that as well, then it cracked, and I went through **** to have them replace it, but with my new screen, I don't see it all anymore.

Stealth -

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Display flaw angers PowerBook owners

Source: MacMinute.com

Display flaw angers PowerBook owners
October 31, 2003 - 14:54 EST Hundreds of 15-inch PowerBook G4 owners are complaining about a flaw that causes white spots to appear on the laptop's LCD display. Apple said in a statement on Friday that it is looking into the problem: "The new 15-inch PowerBook has been a big hit with customers since its introduction last month. However, some customers are reporting the appearance of faint white spots on their displays after using the system for a short period of time, and Apple is investigating these reports right now. Any customers experiencing this problem should contact AppleCare." More than 650 owners have signed an online petition demanding that Apple address the issue.

My Comments: It kind of sucks that customers had to resort to that to get Apple to listen to them :(

OP
S

shanx

I had the same problem. there was a bright area on the screen. I got the whole machine replaced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.