• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

one computer - now three

C

catchawave

What a mess I've gotten myself into! I'm currently on an emac which is 2 years old. I wanted a laptop and bought one off of ebay - although it is an old Lombard. It worked fine for about 2 days and then died. So, I go out today and buy a new ibook (the upgraded one).
Then I get an email from a friend who is a Mac fixer and told me to NOT give up on the Lombard because he might be able to fix it.
I had it on ebay to sell for the new 384MB worth of memory and other parts that are still good.
So, I take it off ebay (ended the auction early) and I will take it to my friend on Thurs. and see what he can do for it.
Haven't decided what to do with it if he gets it working. Maybe sell it but sell it as a working computer and get a bit more out of it.
What a mess!
It has a battery with it but when I got it (when it was working) the little battery icon up top had an X through it -- what did that mean? That the battery wasn't working??

OP
B

badmojo

Can't speak for the battery but if he does get it working re-sell it. You've got a new iBook which is WAY better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
yes I am interested, that is if it works :)

How much would you want for it?

Too bad that battary sounds bad :(

Reaction score
Hey do I get a commission for this sale. lol na hope it goes well

OP
C

catchawave

Reflow said:
Hey do I get a commission for this sale. lol na hope it goes well

I will give you a pat on the head :)
It's not a done deal -- I need to find out what the problem is first. I emailed my friend and told him that the green light is lit but no power yet.
I thought I could let it re-charge for a while. He suspects the internal battery is dead but he wants to look at it first.
I hope that's it. That's only 19.00.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.